Wednesday, March 24, 2010
We played in ES's hometown first. They were having a St. Patricks Day parade and it was sponsored by McDonalds. So it was no suprise that Ronald was on the first float surrounded by fully armed, bullet-proof jacket wearing SWAT team members.
We ran into this dude at the parade! He's going to be our bass player!!
Nathan from Weekly Tape Deck's gay kitty-man friend MANGO.
Nathan from Weekly Tape Deck's gay kitty-man friend TANGO. (on our suitcase)
Daniel atop the giant majestic heart boulder at the Underwater People's showcase at this epic ranch they rented.
Us atop this same boulder.
Couple of SASSY PHREAKZZ.
Inside the house at the UP ranch, there was this cow skin rug in the living room. It inspired this sultry photo session with Daniel...
Rob at his most cracked-out state at the Weekly Tape Deck Showcase.
We all got sick to varying degrees. Rob, Nicole and I all were losing our voices were hacking up all sorts of crazy shit. Hot water with honey and lemon at IHOP!
WELLNESS FORMULA!!! WHAT WHAT!
Mohawk, the venue where we had our official showcase, was AMAZING. Here we are partying with this crazy dude upstairs.
Then we found his buddy downstairs and hung with him for a bit.
Looks like somebody nawed off his paws!
Dum Dum Girls at Spider House on Saturday - Jules is using Rob's guitar because she broke a string!
Would have taken more photos, but my battery died. Other then getting a fucked up, mutant Austin cough, and the 12 hour drives, SXSW ruled hard. Here's our obligatory list of highlights!
- Day before the Mess Fest
- Dude in CVS parking lot leering at me while grabbing himself at length!!
- Apparently people were convinced Daniel was really Jack Black incognito. (weren't there to witness it but still amazing)
- SEEING GRASS WIDOW FOR THE FIRST TIME!
- SEEING GRASS WIDOW AGAIN THE NEXT DAY!
- Playing with Eternal Summers, The Beets & Beach Fossils a shitload.
- Seeing Woven Bones and Dum Dum Girls twice!
- Seeing The Splinters play and meeting them! Chill ladies.
- Finding a tiny pair of rainbow striped thong panties with a hole chewed out of the crotch in a CERTAIN SOMEBODY'S fold out couch!
- Getting free jeans from the Fader Fort!
- Kombucha on tap
- Meeting super awesome/sweet/cool fans! awww
Can't wait to tour again!